If you really want to enhance the quality of your audio productions, you need the best iPad microphone. Since iOS devices are now popular for podcasting, music production, YouTube video production, vlogging, and so on, the internal microphone on the iPadmay not give you the most excellent results. Consequently, you need a perfect external iPad mic so that you can get that sound quality of your choice.
However, getting a good product in today’s busy world is not a stroll in the park because there are many brands and models to choose from. To make the process easier for you, our team of researchers examined various brands and models. After days of thorough investigation and analysis, we discovered five products that are dependable.
Product 1: Apogee MiC 96K
- Input Type: Micro USB
- Connections: Lightning, USB (Type-C), USB (Type-A)
- Max gain of preamp: 46 dB
- Item Weight: 6.4 Oz
- Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 1.4 x 1.5 inches
- Complete digital connection guarantees clean sound quality.
- Can record up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD.
- Cardioid condenser for studio-quality production.
- Perfect for vocal as well as acoustic instrument recording.
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac.
The Apogee MiC 96K is a microphone for iPad with rich features that will deliver studio-quality recording at all times. You can use it for recording vocals, drums, acoustic guitars, pianos, and so on. It comes with a super-cardioid condenser, making it possible for you to achieve productions of high quality.
This device has the capacity of giving you up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording, and that is why it is one of the most sought-after products on the market. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, with lightning as well as Mac USB cables provided.
This 3-in-1 product can also be used as an A/D converter and a microphone preamp. It is specifically designed for optimum noise reduction so that your output will be at its highest level. This affordable microphone features the innovative PureDIGITAL connection so that you can achieve clear sound quality. You don’t need to worry about any cumbersome configuration, you only need to plug in and record.
Product 2: Fifine K669B
- Connector Type: USB
- Pattern modes: Cardioid
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS & PS4
- Item Weight: 14.1 Oz
- Product Dimensions: 4.9 x 2.6 x 7.3 inches
- Cardioid condenser for studio-quality production.
- Compatible with Windows, Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X.
- Plug and Play USB, ready to use.
- Exceptional volume control for voice input adjustment.
- Tripod desk stand for convenient tabletop use.
If you are looking for value for money, you should try the Fifine K669B. It comes with a 5.9-foot USB cable so that you can easily connect your laptop for convenient recording. It is a plug and play device that requires no serious installation process.
You will like its strong metallic construction, which makes it withstand tough handling. It comes with a tripod stand so that you can conveniently place it on the table for effective recording. With its additional volume knob, you should expect a louder output without too much effort.
What’s more, this condenser microphone works with major voice recognition and voice chat apps. Its cardioid polar pattern condenser ensures that voice is properly captured for the most satisfactory result. It is compatible with Windows, Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X, making it possible for you to record with the highest level of flexibility.
Product 3: Zoom iQ7
- Headphone Connector: 3.5 mm
- Operating System Support: iOS
- Item Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 1 x 2.2 inches
- Enables 90, 120, and Mid-Side recording.
- Works with iOS devices that have a lightning connector.
- It can be used with a free recorder and video camera.
- Headphone jack for direct monitoring.
- Large gain wheel to fine tune settings.
The Zoom iQ7 stereo microphone is your ideal purchase if you want a device that will improve your iOS audio. It works with lightning-equipped iOS devices so that you won’t have to worry about how to power them. You can record up to 48 kHz/16-bit with mono-compatible audio tracking.
Besides, you can use this mic to record live concerts, videos, ENG and so on. It comes with a rotating capsule, which makes it possible for you to use it horizontally or vertically with your iOS device. That is why it is possible for you to record videos using either standard or landscape position without neglecting the left-right stereo orientation.
Also, it comes with two elements for picking sounds effectively from the front and sides. You can set the stereo width to either 90° or 120°. Alternatively, you can record raw data mid and side signals for effective stereo width adjustment with the Zoom’s Handy Recorder iOS app.
Product 4: IK Multimedia iRig
- Connector Type: USB
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional/Cardioid
- Item Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches
- Condenser-electret unidirectional capsule of high quality.
- Twin mini-jack connector for real-time monitoring on headphones, mixers, speakers, and PAs.
- 24-bit 96 kHz converters for high-quality sound.
- Strong metal housing guarantees optimum durability.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
The IK Multimedia iRig Mic is a reliable condenser microphone for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It is a must-have for singers, songwriters, vocalists, among others. Also, you can use it to record speeches, performances, and instruments on stage or in the studio. It comes with a unidirectional condenser-electret capsule, which guarantees optimum pickup of long and close-range sounds.
This mic has a dual mini-jack connector, that is why you can monitor your recording without much stress. With its 3-level gain switch, it is possible for you to make an adjustment for different sound pressure conditions. You can use it as a handheld mic, and you can mount it on a stand for greater convenience.
You will like its strong metal body, which contributes to its durability. It comes with a free real-time effects processor suite known as VocaLive for vocalists and singers. A separate suite for guitarists and songwriters is known as AmpliTude FREE. Also, there is an app for fast audio recording known as iRig Recorder FREE.
Product 5: Shure MV88
- Adjustable Gain Range: 0 to +36 dB
- Item Weight: 1.44 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 1 x 2.6 inches
- Smart technology for optimum performance.
- Five built-in preset modes.
- Compatible with all iOS devices with a lightning connector.
- All-metal construction for withstanding the most demanding recording conditions.
- Free MOTIV audio app for easy control of EQ, polar pattern, compression and stereo width.
The Shure MV88 is a perfect mic for iPad, iPod and iPhone with lightning connectors. That is why you can capture recordings of high quality at all times. Its element is fixed to a 90-degree hinge so that flexible positioning can be achieved, even when you are recording videos.
This device comes with five built-in DSP preset modes, including speech, flat, singing, loud and acoustic instruments. You can access any of these modes through the Shure Plus MOTIV Recording App, which is available at the Apple App Store.
Also, you can use the MOTIV app for real-time adjustments like stereo width, microphone gain, and 24-bit/48 kHz recording. Its all-metal construction is a plus, and that is why you can expect high performance at all times. There is a sleek windscreen, which shields unwanted noise from marring your performance. It is a plug and play device that requires no clunky installation process.
It is our belief that this review will help you to get the best iPad microphone for your audio and video productions. When putting together this piece, we considered many factors, including value for money, performance, design, affordability, and so on. Your ability to digest this piece properly will lead to the selection of an ideal product that will take your audio recordings to the next level.